SWAG BY THE MILE
Flowering season is fast approaching, so we want to find and remove as many devil weeds plants we can before they start spreading seeds this winter.
Challenge begins August 1st. Send your survey data to OISC to start racking up your miles!
- SURVEY 5 MILES: the first 25 people that accumulate 5 miles get a free hat!
- SURVEY 15 MILES: the first 12 people that accumulate 15 miles get a free 20oz stainless steel tumbler!
- SURVEY 20 MILES: the first 5 people that accumulate 20 miles get a free t-shirt that you can customize. Choose your shirt color, logo color and placement!
HOW TO SURVEY & SEND YOUR DATA:
- ORDER YOUR FREE DEVIL WEED FIELD ID GUIDE.
- PICK A TRAIL TO SURVEY.
- USE ALLTRAILS APP TO RECORD YOUR SURVEY.
- IF FIND PLANTS, PULL THEM OUT AND TAKE WAYPOINTS ON ALLTRAILS (COORDINATES).
- WHEN FINISHED, SEND YOUR SURVEY TO OISC! EMAIL: OISC@HAWAII.EDU OR TEXT: 808-286-4616. *IF YOU PREFER, YOU CAN JUST SEND THE GPX FILE OF YOUR SURVEY.
For more details, visit the devil weed crew volunteer page or feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.