We need your help looking for presence/absence surveys of Oahu’s trails for devil weed. OISC simply doesn’t have the resources to survey all Oahu hiking trails for this invasive plant…so we are asking you to look for it on your next hike.
HOW TO SURVEY TRAIL & SHARE YOUR DATA
- Just watch this video to help you learn how to ID the plant.
- Download the free ‘643pest’ app for your phone.
- Choose your Oahu Na Ala Hele Trail and look for devil weed plants along the trail.
- Find the plant? Take a photo and report on the 643pest app.
- Didn’t find any plants? Report to the 643pest app with “no devil weed plants found on trail” in the comment box when you get back to trailhead.
JOIN THE DEVIL WEED CREW FACEBOOK GROUP
LIST OF OAHU NA ALA HELE TRAILS AND LATEST SURVEY INFORMATION
This list is updated with data shared by volunteers each week. Simply click on the trail name for a link to trail map, status and information page.