FEBRUARY IS HAWAIʻI INVASIVE SPECIES AWARENESS MONTH!
Hawaii Invasive Species Council hosted virtual events in February to learn more about invasive species by exploring the three wao (or realms) of Akua (upper forests), Kanaka (lower valleys and urban areas), and Kahakai (wetlands, ocean). Each week they will learn from the different people working in these wao, the invasive species impacting them, and what you can do to help. Look for the tag #HISAM22 on Instagram and Facebook.
. Subscribe to the HISC Youtube and follow the HISAM 22 playlist to watch any presentations you missed live.
2022 HAWAIʻI INVASIVE SPECIES AWARENESS MONTH AWARDEES
Recognizing people and organizations from across the state for their efforts to protect Hawaiʻi from invasive species. Click on the links below to see the award videos for each awardee. Learn about the 2022 awardees’ stories in this story map.
- Outstanding Business Leaders – Haleakalā Ranch and Hawaiian Earth Products
- Community Leader – Sandy Ward with Mālama Puʻuloa
- Greatest Hit – Ryan Chang
- Our Island MVPs
- Hawaiʻi Island – Ruth Bennett and Kiyoshi Adachi
- Oʻahu – Protect and Preserve Hawaiʻi
- Kauaʻi – Roshan Manandhar
- Maui Nui – Dr. Fern Duvall