We need your help looking for presence/absence surveys of Oahu’s trails for Devil Weed (Chromolaena odorata). OISC simply doesn’t have the resources to survey all Oahu hiking trails for this invasive plant…so we are asking you to look for it on your next hike. Join the effort along with partners like Conservation Dogs of Hawaii and the North Shore Community Land Trust are dedicated to surveying and removing devil weed where they find it.
HOW TO SURVEY TRAIL & SHARE YOUR DATA
2) Download the free ‘AllTrails’ app for your phone.
3) Pick a trail from the list below.
- Don’t see your hike on the list?…no matter. Record and share any survey you conduct!
4) Record & share your survey data with OISC.
- Email your AllTrails survey and plant locations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LIST OF OAHU TRAILS AND LATEST SURVEY INFORMATION
- Scroll down to see which trails remain to be surveyed. Trails that have been partially or completely surveyed are at the top of the list.
- Feel free to resurvey trails! These plants grow quickly and seeds can turn into a mature plant in as little as 6 months!
*This list is updated with data shared by volunteers each week. Simply click on the trail name for a link to trail map, status and information page.
DEVIL WEED CREW FACEBOOK GROUP: Keep up-to-date on detections and surveys. The group has loads of pictures and videos to help keep your search image fresh while you hike.
- Print your own or view the ID GUIDE HERE