We need your help looking for presence/absence surveys of Oahu’s trails for Devil Weed (Chromolaena odorata). OISC simply doesn’t have the resources to survey all Oahu hiking trails for this invasive plant…so we are asking you to look for it on your next hike. Join the effort along with partners like Conservation Dogs of Hawaii and the North Shore Community Land Trust are dedicated to surveying and removing devil weed where they find it.
Devil Weed Crew Challenge 2023 starts July 1st!!
Send your survey data to OISC and start racking up the miles. Win T-shirts, cups, and more!
For more details visit the Swag for Miles Challenge Page: https://www.oahuisc.org/dwc-challenge-2023/
HOW TO SURVEY TRAIL & SHARE YOUR DATA
- Learn how to ID Devil Weed. Just watch this video & Request your free devil weed field guide.
- Download the free ‘AllTrails’ app for your phone.
- Survey and collect your data. Pick a trail from the list below and go look for devil weed as you hike.
- Record & share your Alltrails survey data with OISC by email: email@example.com or text 808-286-4616.
LIST OF OAHU TRAILS & LATEST SURVEY INFO
Scroll down to see which trails remain to be surveyed. Trails that have been partially or completely surveyed are at the top of the list. Feel free to resurvey trails! These plants grow quickly and seeds can turn into a mature plant in as little as 6 months!
- HOTSPOT MAP: AllTrails Map of Plants that need to be pulled. Use this AllTrails map to navigate to the areas where plants have been reported, but not yet pulled out.
*This list is updated with data shared by volunteers each week. Simply click on the trail name for a link to trail map, status and information page.
- DEVIL WEED CREW FACEBOOK GROUP
- GET YOUR FREE DEVIL WEED CREW FIELD ID GUIDE:
- Print your own or view the ID GUIDE HERE